079 901 3454
079 901 3454
DOMESTIC CHILD SAFETY COURSE
This first aid course does not only include basic CPR and first aid techniques but also covers more comprehensively the importance of child safety awareness, childproofing the home, the importance of communication with the mother, routines and time management. We finish off with hygiene and we cover infectious diseases like HIV and TB.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
- Fits & Fevers
- Broken bones, sprains and bruises
- Bites and stings
- Poison emergencies
- Vomiting and Diarrhoea
- Fever management
This first aid course for nannies runs over one day as it covers two modules.
A workbook and certificate is provided to each participant during the course which is valid for two years. If you belong to Discovery Vitality, as a member you may also claim Vitality points through Discovery.
- The importance of their role as a nanny
- Communication with the parents
- Understanding and following a routine
- How to manage childcare and housework
- Safety awareness – identifying hazards and creating a childproof home
- Understanding and preventing infectious diseases like HIV and TB
(endorsed by the American Heart Association and Resuscitation Council of SA)
- Identifying Emergency Numbers and an emergency plan
- CPR for babies and young children
- Choking in babies and young children
- Essential First Aid for at home emergencies (indoors and outdoors)
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
During the First Aid course we provide hands-on practice in the skills of CPR and choking for children and infants, including the use of resuscitation masks. We practice our CPR on life size child and baby dolls.
Our trainers are all registered with the Resuscitation Council of South Africa. The training material used for the CPR/choking component of the first aid course is in accordance with the requirements of both The American Heart Association and the Resuscitation Council of SA.