079 901 3454
079 901 3454
AU PAIR COURSE
The Super Nannies Au Pair Course covers all the aspects that a person would need to know to perform an Au Pair role successfully and confidently.
AN AU PAIR IS GENERALLY SOMEONE WHO:
- looks after children of varying ages (from babies to teenagers) in their home;
- generally stays with a family for at least a year;
- assists with all school related work that is required to be completed at home;
- transports children to school and extra murals etc;
- runs errands for the family such as collecting the post, grocery shopping etc;
- ensures the children are fed at all times – this could mean that she cooks meals for the children, and sometimes the family dinner;
- does not do any domestic duties – but ensures the children tidy up their rooms and all things they are involved in, assisting where necessary;
- is generally between the ages of 20 to 45;
- ideally has 1 to 3 years of child-care experience;
- preferably has at least a matric qualification, or equivalent;
- sometimes has done a first aid course; and further courses pertaining to childcare and is generally studying towards a further degree or diploma;
- has a valid driver’s license;
- has their own roadworthy vehicle;
- does not wear a uniform;
- does not generally live-in – some families may require a live-in Au Pair, but this is very rare;
- works from Monday to Friday, and may be required to babysit on occasion over the weekend or in the evenings;
- liaises with the school and teachers about the child’s progress and reports back to the parents (if agreed and requested to do so by the parents).
On this course you will learn how to appropriately and effectively engage with the children in your care from babies all the way up to teenagers. How to assist them with homework and to ensure they are safe, entertained and generally well taken care of when you are in charge. You will also learn how to interact with parents and how to liaise between teachers and parents. This is an all-encompassing course covering all aspects of an Au Pair role.
TRAINING SCHEDULES & PRICING
When you hire a nanny who takes care of your child and also cleans your home, it is important to set the correct expectations.
The original article is published on BusinessTech. It highlights important things you should be aware of when hiring a domestic in South Africa.