079 901 3454
079 901 3454
Nanny interview questions
17 May 2017
To learn more about your potential nanny, ask her questions such as the following during the nanny interview, and phrase them in a way that they require more than a yes or no answer.
- Why do you want this job?
- What was your last job and why did you leave it?
- What do you think a baby my child’s age needs most?
- How do you see yourself spending the day with a baby this age?
- When my baby starts getting more active and into mischief, how will you handle it?
- How do you discipline young children?
- How will you get to work on a daily basis? In bad weather?
- How long do you envision staying in this job?
- Do you have children of your own?
- Do you have any health issues?
Points to consider
During your nanny interview and throughout the trial period, take note of the following;
- Did the candidate arrive for the interview well groomed and neatly dressed?
- Does she have a sense of orderliness that is compatible with your own?
- Does she seem reliable and on time?
- Is she physically capable of handing a job?
- Does she seem good with the children?
- Does she seem intelligent?
- Are you comfortable with her?
It’s important to priorities your family’s needs and then look for a nanny with the right skills. There is no such thing as the perfect nanny.
References are important to check up on. Qualities to look for are a good attitude, honesty, reliability, shows initiative and a willingness to communicate and do the tasks the mother’s way. Her work ethic and attitude. Skills can always be taught. Remember to trust your gut instinct when making your choice.